11:00 AM: Meet & Greet. Enjoy the snacks provided by Kirkwood Apartments and coffee by KUCC!
Approve/Amend: April 17, 2018 Meeting Minutes- APPROVED!
11:10: KBOA Finances: Treasurer: Parker Smith
- Wells Fargo Balance: $57,317.08 PayPal Pending $483.55 5/1 P+L
- 2017 Taxes Filed!
-lots of $ coming in for renewals and wine booths
-some fraud with our account, has already been reversed/settled. Total $1400. Yay wells fargo.
11:15: Organization Update
- KNO Meeting 6/10/18 & NPU-O Meeting 5/22/18
-some confusion with neighbors who didn’t know about KNO and hadn’t paid dues so couldn’t vote
-need better communication with community
11:20: Membership-Sam Mugavero- Smugs Fitness
UPDATED Welcome package: 2018 membership decal/ I love KWD stickers + One Sheet Intro
GET YOUR 2018 KBOA MEMBERSHIP STICKER TO DISPLAY AT YOUR BUSINESS
- NEW RESOURCE GUIDE New Businesses: Fill out the Let’s Have Coffee Form
- Membership: Total Members: 84 Active New Members: GBG Market, Kirkwood Apartments, Outta My Kitchen
- PENDING: BRMB Radio, Best Face Forward Cosmetics, BRMB Radio, Cornerstone Handyman Services, Dad’s Tree Care,
- Renewing Members: Paul Rue Allstate Insurance, Cummin Landscape, My Coffee Shop, KUCC, and Scout & Arrow, Kirkwood Car Wash, McCullough Salon Studio, Jill Wener
-Start Me has joined KBOA!
11:30: Wine Stroll Committee (Chair Randy Brazee- Homes for Atlanta, Co-Chair Leslie Brashear- Delightful Sites) 12th Annual Kirkwood Wine Stroll is Friday September 21, 2018 | 7:00-10:00PM! kirkwoodwinestroll.com
- $30 TICKETS FOR LOCALS: May 14-May 21st! BUY TICKETS NOW! 22 SOLD TO DATE!
- SPRING FLING BOOTH: Saturday May 19. Tickets will be $30 the week of Spring Fling at kirkwoodwinestroll.com or stop by our booth!
- SPONSOR: Need Presenting! Silver-Stryant, Bronze- The Element. Sponsorship Package
- WINE POURING STATIONS NOW OPEN: ONLY 4 available. SIGN UP BY MAY 19
- 2018 POURING STATIONS: Allstate Insurance - The Paul Rue Agency, Anna’s BBQ, Atlanta Clay Works, Blue Ink Title, Clue Town Books, Community Electric, LLC, Conscious Health Meditation + Wellness, Corrective Chiropractic, elmyriachi, FitWit, Guitar Shed, Indigo WellnessKeller Williams Realty, Jon Huff and Randy Brazee, Kelsey Erin Salon, Kirkwood Feed & Seed Pet Supply, Kirkyard, Lakeview Capital Partners, Origins Real Estate, PoppaCorn's Gourmet PopcornScout & Arrow, Seviin Yoga, Smugs Fitness, State Farm- Erica Allard Agency, Stryant Construction & Management, Taproom Coffee & Beer, The Kirkwood Apartments, The Music Class, Inc., The Pullman, Urban Pie, GBG Market, Sun in My Belly, Poor Hendrix, Kirkwood Car Wash, The Business House
- FOOD BITE STATION SIGN UP: 10 total. 8 available. SIGN UP BY MAY 31- Kirkyard, Poor Hendrix
-tickets on sale starting yesterday- 26 sold!
-booth at spring fling with raffle
-pouring stations- there are only 2 left!!
-big savings to get printing/advertising done in advance, more money for KBOA
-beer sponsor- 2nd self- can beer, committing to 1/2 , waiting to hear back from Eventide
-don’t need a ticket for food or beer (just the weekend)
-food- urban pie, SIMB, kirkyard, poor hendrix
-new payment structure for food- paying at each station rather than tickets, should be easier for attendees
-looking for some more food stations
-each station needs to provide own table/tent/chairs, signage, marketing stuff, etc, people to help them pour wine, KBOA will provide the wine
-1 oz pours only!!
11:40: Kirkwood Pocket Map for Tourists/New Residents:
- All Current Members as of May 31, 2018 will be included with location on map, name of business, address and website. See mockup Home based businesses listed business name and website.
- Printing 3000 copies for distribution at Wine Stroll, new residents, Air BNB and tourists
- Purchase an AD: Small $100 (4) Large $200 (2 available) email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve
-this is very exciting!!
-we are going to print 5000. Kirkwood Apartments will pay for 2000 and use for their marketing purposes.
-get in before the deadline- may 31- email jennifer- not many spots left for ads
11:50:New Business/Member Announcements
-232 total units, 140 walked
-certificate of occupancy soon
-lots of interest even without marketing
-will open in phases
-resident discount card- june 30 is the deadline, no cost to be a part of it
-trail (not trial)
- Margaret Hofland with Pietja KIRKWOOD. LLC: We are negotiating the purchase of 2011 Hosea Williams and look forward to restoring the neglected building into a lively gathering place for the community with EVERGREEN Butcher + Baker shop and residence.
-has been empty for 20 years! All natural products. Neighborhood-oriented with classes.
-timeline- working with contractors now
-GBG- new market! Basic groceries, some prepared food, will be sending out a survey as well, won’t have a food prep area. 30-60 days pending permitting.
-marketing announcement- start an IG or FB page so KBOA can help you promote
NOON: Adjorn Add #kirkwoodbiz to all of your posts so we can share! #kirkwoodatl #kirkwoodbiz @ KirkwoodBIZ on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook